Seminar: Value and Knowledge Education
09/21/2016 , 16:00 - 09:30
Knowledge Education VaKE is a teaching method that both teaches ethical values and allows constructing knowledge without limiting the subject taught. VaKE's concept is based on teaching of constructivist learning principles according to which students acquire knowledge and values independently and focus more thoroughly on a variety of issues in many different fields of knowledge. The emphasis is on independent learning: organization of knowledge is based on creation of conflict between values in the framework of a dilemma and students better understand values and concepts.
This seminar will take place in English and will be hosted by 4 lecturers:
- Prof. Jean-Luc Patry, University of Salzburg, Austria
- Dr. Rosario Maria Pinto, Polytechnic Institute of Santarem, Portugal
- Lydia Lynortner, University of Salzburg, Austria
- Dr. Rachel Ichler-Meron, Dept. of Optometry. Hadassah Academic College
- Practical VaKE Session 1: 9:30-11:30
- VaKE Session 2: 11:45-13:30
- Lunch break: 13:00-14:00
- VaKE Session 3: Developing scenarios of conflict in the framework of dilemmas: 14:00-15:30
- Summary – Reflection: 15:30 -16:00
In the sessions 1 and 3 the participants will be divided into groups according to departments and each group will create an appropriate dilemma. Session 2 and the summary will take place with the full attendance of the seminar participants.