10th Hadassah Conference in Communication Disorders in Multilingual and Multicultural Populations
01/14-16/2020 , 18:50 - 12:30 | Hadassah Academic College | Communication Disorders , Communication Disorders M.A.
The organizing committee of the 10th Hadassah Conference on Communication Disorders in Multilingual and Multicultural Populations invites you to our annual conference on various topics related to multilingual and multicultural populations:
Bilingual aphasia, Arabic language diglossia, bilingual language development, diagnosis and treatment of multilingual and multicultural populations, language and speech processes in the bilingual brain, bilingual children and developmental language disorders, bilingualism and hearing impairment, narrative as clinical tool in assessment and treatment of language disorders.
The conference will be held on two NON-consecutive days:
14th of January 2020, from 12:30 to 19:00 – Focus on children
16th of January 2020, from 12:45 to 19:00 – Focus on adults
- Nicola Botting, Department of Language & Communication Science, City University of London
Narrative as a tool for assessing children with atypical language
- Vicky Joffe, School of Health and Social Care, University of Essex
Using narratives to enhance the language and communication of children and young people with speech, language and communication needs
- Maria Kambanaros, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Cyprus University of Technology
Assessment of lexical retrieval deficits in bilingual language impairment: from single words to narratives. How to avoid over and/or underdiagnosis?
- Madeline Cruice, Department of Language & Communication Science, City University of London
Discourse assessment and treatment in aphasia rehabilitation
- Katerina Hillari, Department of Language & Communication Science, City University of London
Improving rehabilitation outcomes for people with aphasia